Cute Box Cat

Monday 3 March 2014

Comparison between Porefessional and Baby Skin

Welcome to the battle of the primers!
This is a battle between the 
Benefit Porefessional
&
Maybelline Baby skin pore eraser
The benefit prefessional has been a favorite for ages because of its silky texture and pore vanishing features
The porefessional has an exceptional lasting time and also makes the makeup on top last long too!
 It has no greasy feeling
 BUT
 if you have dry skin like me it may dry out your skin just a bit, i also use Mac strobe cream underneath this primer whenever I use it.
I like using benefit porefessional by itself rather than using it under my makeup because my foundation or BB cream I use on top becomes quite matte. But when I use it by itself it balances the dewyness of my Mac strobe-cream which is extremely dewy and creates a flawless poreless effect.
Another thing that bugs me is the scent.
its a strong florally scent that you can smell after you have applied it.
Sometimes I enjoy the scent but... most of the time its too strong.
This primer is perfect for people with dry skin like me because I can 'feel' the primer on my face so when i use makeup on top it glides on but the porefessional almost disappears into my skin and the makeup doesnt glide on as well it does when I use the baby skin.
this primer has a pore BLURRING effect but the porefessional has a pore VANISHING effect so I like using this primer with makeup on top.
Baby skin: 22mls
Benefit porefessional: 20mls
The baby skin primer has 2mls more product but much cheaper.
baby skin ranges from 6~12 dollars depending on where you get it.
so if your on a budget definitely pick up the baby skin because it has better qualities but it still lacks some of the qualities the porefessional has but they're both as good as each other.
yes! we are still talking about the differences. 
This isnt a big deal but the actual packaging for baby skin is so much more stable then porefessional, I find the bottle of porefessional is really flimsy and sometimes when im unscrewing the lid the bottle twists up and Im so scared itll rip cause its so soft.
but the baby skin bottle is quite sturdy but still soft enough to squeeze!
The translucent swatch is the baby skin
The skintone swatch is porefessional
poresfessional has no coverage despite the skintone color.
The texture of both of these primers are VERY different so i was confused to hear people say that the baby skin was a complete dupe....
I had the baby skin before it came out in the US because I got it in korea and I ddnt think it was that special so I think hype for products make products better then they actually are, cause even I feel like the baby skin is so much better than when I first purchased it.
Final Thoughts:
 both primers definitely hide your pores really well without clogging them and makes your skin feel smooth and soft all while being light weight!
Keeps your makeup on fore really long 
Porefessional keeps me matte longer than baby skin
but baby skin is better for my dry skin
PRICE DIFFERENCE!
scent or scentLESS? which do you guys prefer? comment down below!
Packaging, baby skin feels more stronger.
If I could only choose to use one or the other which primer would it be....
I actually have no idea because the result is the same so really this is a battle between textures, if you have dry skin like me i suggest baby skin and if you have oily combo go to porefessional! Both of these primers have really great things about them! I dont know which one to choose but I guess
...
 Ill go for the baby skin primer!
BUT I STILL LOVE MY POREFESSIONAL!
such a hard decision...
These were MY personal opinions but I want to know what you guys think!
Comment down below and tell me which primer you like better or if you guys havent tried the baby skin or the porefessional what primers have you tried that you swear by!

Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...