Cute Box Cat

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Etude house: Dear my jelly lips talk review ♡

Hi guys! Today I'm going to review the Oh so famous "Etude house Dear my jelly lips talk lip stick" They are lipsticks inspired by Jelly beans
Here is the promotion picture~

I purchased them in two colors! JOR203 which is a slightly orange toned red color and JPK004 a salmony, coral-pink color! 
This is an overview of the box and everything is in Korean but it just has the ingredients and whatnot~ I ♡ the box! :D 
I really like how the "jelly beans" at the bottom represent the lipstick colour!
Close up!
Each lipstick is embossed with the same pattern of a heart with a crown! How adorable ~

JOR203
JOR203 is a Red color with a slight orange hue~ Perfect for those with a paler complexion. I am super in love with this color :D I have always wanted to try red, but it is quite an intimidating color~ So I decided to take my first step with this lipstick 
Here you can see the pattern a little better :)
 The lipstick bullet almost looks matte, but once applied its super glossy :3
Selfie 101
 Its meant to be a glossy splash of color but it tends to come off quite sheer. This is perfect for those who are always in a rush because this product doesn't require a mirror to apply it  ✌(◉◡◉)

JPK004
JPK004 is a grapefruit jellybean inspired lipstick that has a coral-salmon color~ The camera washed the color out a little bit but in person its a vibrant coral.
Here's a close up!~ 
Don't judge a lipstick by the bullet! Its not as pigmented as it looks :( sadly!
If you have reddish lips already DO NOT pick this up! It is very sheer and hardly shows up on my lips but it is build-able. If you are looking for a pinkish color do go for the  JPK002 lipstick! 
Honestly this product is a tinted lip balm in a lipstick tube~ It does have a bit more color than a lip balm but the texture is very similar~ it moisturizes and feels light on the lips.
The only downfall is that you do need to moisturize prior to applying this lipstick. As hard as it is to believe it gets caught in your fine lines and tends to look streaky :(
I had to use my lips scrub vigorously before use.
Finally the swatches! :D I did have to use a few layers to get this color pay off!
left to right: JPK004, JOR203
on my arm they look very pigmented but on the lips they do come out quite sheer! I feel like I've said that 1000 times XD
Final Thoughts
Anyway! Overall I really like this product~ It is school and work friendly, affordable and so cute!
Because the lid is so secure you can just toss them in your bag without feeling uneasy.
I also like how they come in many shades to flatter many skin tones :)
These lip sticks smell divine and they taste amazing too! Almost like Jellybeans xD
But I am somewhat disappointed :( The product did not come out the way I thought it would. I haven't seen any other complaints but I have one major problem with it:
the product gets into your fine lines and it doesn't feel very jelly like :(
but its not TOO bad but honestly, I don't really recommend it.

I rate these lipsticks an 6/10 

Will I repurchase?
I don't think I would :( I would like to experiment with different brands and formulas 

Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. omg, i love your eyes ! like an ullzang eyes <3

    VISIT ME <3
    catherine-widjaja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...